Monday, February 1, 2010

Perception versus Reality

Let me tell their story that no one else can hear.
How can someone's laughter bring me close to tears.
And you'll never know, because you're never there.

After what we've seen, can we close our eyes again?

Let me tell their story you won't think is true.
I have not forgotten so I'm sharing it with you.
For all the things we've known, what have we really learned?

Though I close my eyes the images remain.

Let me tell their story that now, everyone can hear.
And their story begins.
Again.

Source: Poem by Ferdinand Dimadura from "Chicken a la Carte"

P.S. Some incidents change the way you perceive reality. Today I had a date with one of them.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

do write about the said new dimension of reality....

poem achi hai.....poet ka naam funny hai :)